The name of the most popular footballer in the world is Lionel Messi. He is called the magician of football, the prince of football. He has won the Ballon d’Or award seven times, the most by any footballer. He has also won the Golden Boot award six times in the World Cup. He is the best in terms of records on the field, sportsmanship, and generosity on and off the field. There is no end to the admiration of Messi by his fans. Everyone keeps searching for information about Messi to some extent.
But today we have organized our event with some unknown information about Messi.
- When Messi signed with Barcelona at the age of only 13, it was the greatest football contract in the history of football. It was an unimaginable event that defied imagination.
- Messi’s first contract with FC Barcelona was on a napkin. The details of the contract were written on a napkin because there was no paper available, and then the sporting director at that time, Carlos Rexach, was so impressed by Messi’s incredible talent that he wanted to sign the contract immediately, not wasting a second.
- Messi received an offer to play for the Spanish national team, but he rejected it because he wanted to play for the Argentine national team.
- Becoming an Argentine and Messi’s coronation was a moment like a strong forgotten event. Messi came on the field as an alternative to another player but had to return to the dressing room after only 46 seconds on the pitch. The joy of stepping on the field that day may have been momentary, but how different is today’s picture? Messi is now the most popular living legend footballer worldwide and the captain of the Argentine team. How time changes everything!
- Due to Messi’s quick, deadly, and intelligent play, he is nicknamed “La Pulga Atómica” which means “The Atomic Flea” which leaves defenders helpless. Despite his small size, Messi’s skills are unrivaled.
- When Messi was born in Rosario, he was an unusually low-weight baby, weighing less than 3 kilograms and standing at a height of about 47 centimeters. The undersized Messi has now reached the highest position in football.
- Messi is not only calm and generous on the field but also outside the field. He is equally generous and philanthropic. 47% of the income of the Charitable Trust UNESCO comes from Messi’s donations.
- In terms of education, Messi’s donations and efforts are extraordinary. Around the world, 8,643 schools have been built with Messi’s money! It’s hard to believe when you hear it! In addition, Lionel Messi bears the educational expenses of 40 million children annually. Messi is like the savior of this era!
- Even though Messi received millions of euros from Barcelona, he donated a significant portion of it back to Barça’s youth project, La Masia, where Messi himself grew up.
- Messi’s charitable trust, the Messi Foundation, works to solve the economic and social problems of millions of children every year.
- When Israel attacked Palestine, Messi said, “I condemn all those who attack children and then go to Palestine themselves.” He donated $1 million to those children.
These are some unknown facts about the great Lionel Messi.