Food is essential for sustaining life. Without food, we cannot survive. However, it is not only about eating to survive; we prefer to eat according to our own taste. Moreover, we don’t just eat for survival, but we also indulge in various cooking methods such as boiling, frying, grilling, baking, liquidizing, roasting, and adding extra spices to enhance the taste. Whatever it takes to sustain life, we would eat something to survive.
We consume various types of food to satisfy our taste buds, even though it may cause harm to our body and digestive system. But despite knowing the consequences, we still eat them for the unique flavors they offer. Today, we would like to share with you 10 fascinating facts about food that you may not have known before.
Let’s explore these 10 amazing facts!
- The taste of food greatly depends on how you serve it and the vessel you use. Hot chocolate is loved by everyone! However, scientists have conducted research and found that a team of 357 volunteers tried hot chocolate in cups of different colors, but the one in an orange cup seemed more delicious. This suggests that the color of the vessel can enhance the taste of chocolate!
- The most expensive pizza in the world costs only $12,000! Can you imagine what makes it so expensive? It is not topped with gold, but it can only be made by three Italian chefs in your own home. Creating the world’s most expensive pizza takes 72 hours, and it is topped with buffalo mozzarella, three types of caviar, Norwegian lobster, and Australian pink salt.
- Americans consume the most peanut butter in the world. They enjoy regular peanut butter with bread, buns, biscuits, and other food items. Americans consume around 500 million pounds of peanut butter each year.
- Australians rank first in meat consumption worldwide. An average Australian consumes 200 pounds of meat per year. Americans follow closely behind when it comes to meat consumption.
- Among red meats, goat meat is the most widely consumed. It is used the most in burgers and other food items. Scientists believe that goat meat is not only good for our health but also beneficial for the environment.
- Regular fast food consumption is unfortunate for those who indulge in it. Consuming fast food regularly leads to the accumulation of fat and saturated fat in the liver. This can result in liver damage if fast food consumption continues day after day. Beware of the consequences if you don’t want your liver in such a condition!
- We have learned throughout our lives that refrigerators are used to keep food cold. But did you know that Eskimos use refrigeration to keep food frozen, not just cold? In Eskimo countries, where snowfall occurs and the environment is predominantly cold, they use freezers to prevent food from melting and to maintain a natural freezing temperature.
- When the amount of plasma in the blood decreases, drink coconut water to increase plasma levels. Coconut water is rich in electrolytes and is considered an effective way to increase plasma levels in the blood.
These are some fascinating facts about food that you may not have known before. Food is not only about sustenance but also holds cultural and scientific significance. Enjoy your meals while exploring the wonders of food!